- "Aint’s," an essay about family and place, in Guernica’s excellent American South issue.
- "Home Sweet Dearborn," a profile of Dr. Linda Ellington, Atlanta’s most beloved veterinarian, for the Georgia Tech Alumni Magazine.
- "Hunger," an essay about ambition and appetite, in the first issue of Scratch, a new digital magazine about writers and money. (Read the whole thing on Medium.)
- "The Next Generation of Country Music," a profile series, in January’s Southern Living.
- Brother Journal #2, about Charleston, S.C.’s Clammer Dave.